Tuesday, October 21, 2014

From the Mafia to Uman


Whenever I go to Rebbe Nachman's holy grave site in Uman, I always marvel at how many Jewish souls of all types end up making the difficult journey to be together with Rabbi Nachman on the Day of Judgment. 
 
Last year Rabbi Shalom Arush was standing in line at the mikvah (the ritual bath) at Uman, and there was a huge mountain of a man standing directly in front of him. Rabbi Arush couldn’t help notice that the man’s entire body was covered with thick terrible looking scars. The man felt the Rabbi’s eyes upon him so he turned around and asked:
 
“What do you think you’re staring at Rabbi?”
 
Quickly looking away, Rabbi Arush said: “I’m so sorry, please forgive me!”
 
The man said: “Are you interested in why I look like this. Do you really want to know how my body became soscarred?
 
Then he told Rabbi Shalom Arush this amazing tale…


Continue here...


With blessings,
Dr. Zev Ballen